1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
2 cups whole fresh cranberries (may be frozen)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together eggs and sugar.
3. Beat in butter and shortening.
4. Mix in flour.
5. Mix in nuts (if using), cranberries, and chocolate chips.
6. Pour into well-greased tube pan. (Batter will be very thick!)
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cake is done when it's lightly browned and tester comes out dry.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled.
Note: Cake only rises to about 1/3 of the height of the tube pan.